Sunday, November 18, 2012

REALLY Giving Thanks

Today, I'd like to take a moment to REALLY give thanks. Every single day, I'm grateful for the things that all people are; i.e. food, health, shelter, you know.

But today, I'd like to take a moment to be really honest and thank those that have made a true impact on my life. (Don't judge me, Bitches, you don't know my life).

First, I'd like to thank the lady in customer service with Ford Motor Credit back in 2000. This agent really pissed me off. When she threatened to repo the car I was driving, she drove me to say, "Fucking come get it". (They did.) That resulted in an impound and tow charge of about $750. It did teach me patience and discipline with people in those positions. Now, when a CSR is a cunt, I either hang up or make a game out of it. If they argue, I ask for paper evidence and I pay it. Takes two to fight.

Second, I'd like to thank every utility company who ever negotiated with me on a"Just Give Me Til Friday" basis. That, too, taught me to plan ahead. Humility is a teacher unto itself.

To the bank that covered immeasurable amounts of overdraft fees and caused me to give up checking altogether for about 9 years, THANK YOU. Cash is king. Wouldn't even use a checking if we didn't have a business. But you did teach me NOT to bet on the come. The come sometimes doesn't come.

But more than anyone or anything, I have to give thanks to every false friend, every vindictive, jealous and negative family member, distant and closer, that said I was crazy, that I'd never do anything with my life; that I'd be a cashier (I wish) or a server with no education and do nothing whatsover. To you, I say THANK YOU the most.

I'm not done, I'm nowhere near where I want or intend to be, but I'm in the right direction. It is to the poor morals of the women in my life and the strong work ethic of the men in my life that I am the most thankful. When I think of which direction I could have turned, I shiver and realize that it's not always the parent of the same sex that has the most positive influence on a child. 

So if you see me in the Rural King looking at a piece of welding machinery or at Sears ordering an air dryer for my air compressor (in my kickass Muck boots) and my hair is not done, I haven't a fingernail or hint of beauty upon me, you (too) should be thankful. I could be donned in Aigner and camel toe jeans and shopping at the Village Boutique while fucking your husband.

This is the role I will play in my life and the lives of my children. If I seem crazy (I am) and sometimes screaming the opinion of something other than a doormat, that is the role I shall play. Either be a character in my life or sit back and wish you were.

amy

No comments:

Post a Comment